Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Trading Card Investment Tip Chronicles of Riddick Cards

I publish a guide on collecting non-sport autographed cards. As a result of collecting e-Bay auction price data, certain trends in prices come to my attention more quickly than might be the case for people who do not follow the prices on a daily basis. In my guide I give information on how to pick a card that is likely to increase in value. Based on those guidelines I have found some cards that show good promise. I do not make buying recommendations, I just point out some cards that have come to my attention and indicate the reasons why I believe they will increase in value. I will leave it to you to judge for yourself if my reasoning is correct.

Chronicles of Riddick Autographed Cards

Each piece is scarce as the entire production run of this product was limited to only 3,000 boxes and there are only 2 autograph cards per box! That is a very small run for a smash summer movie. The fact is no one expected this movie to be such a hit. The movie was licensed for a very successful computer game. The initial interest in these cards was very high. Then interest cooled a bit. The price of the card has begun to rise sharply again. I think the price of these cards will continue to rise. Many of the actors who did the autographs have very strong careers. Claudia Black and Karl Urban have cards from other sets including Farscape, Xena and Lord of the Rings. I think we are going to see a lot more from these young actors. I expect the value of all the Riddick cards to be a good deal higher a year from now. Alexa Davalos as Kyra seems to be among the most sought after cards in the set, both autographed and base cards.

Of the ten autographed cards in the set these are the six plus the costume card that I believe have the greatest investment potential. Obtaining any of the listed card at or below the price shown here should be a very good investment. You can still find these cards listed on e-bay at or below these prices. Not a lot of Chronicles of Riddick cards are professionally graded but try to buy professionally graded cards if you can.

A1 Vin Diesel as Richard B. Riddick--$120.00

A5 Alexa Davalos as Kyra--$45.00

A7 Keith David (Pitch Black)-- $50.00

A8 Radha Mitchell (Pitch Black - Binder Exclusive)--$55.00

A9 Claudia Black (Pitch Black)--$160.00

A10 Keith David as Abu "Imam" al-Walid--$55.00

F1 Vin Diesel as Richard B. Riddick Costume--$60.00

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home